Praat van diep in die sloot.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

I Hope No One Ever Finds Me

I see the African teams are, as usual, bombing out in the world cup. The SABC presenter identified teamwork as the problem - our unusually talented players don't seem to work as well together as, say Brazil, who can carry out 10 passes in the penalty box before someone feels he has a chance to shoot, and does so. The problem probably extends to the coach and football association as well. I think that each player feels that, unless he gets the glory, there may as well not be a goal. I know I feel envious and jealous of goal scorers, especially if I'm lacking in that respect. There must be a way we can play better and win, but not subvert our individualism to do so - ie win with less teamwork. I hope no one important ever reads this blog, because I know I'll be hunted down and killed - Africans don't take kindly to hearing things they'd rather not hear, especially if there is even a hint of truth in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home