Praat van diep in die sloot.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

SARS Expcts Way Too Much of Us

I saw an advert where SARS doesn’t want Any supporting documentation from the Taxpayer, but expect the taxpayer to keep it for five years. Then when SARS come knocking you have to produce it. This is ridiculous. Imagine a person like me, who as a matter of necessity is mobile. I stay 3 months here, 6 months there, never sure what the future holds. People get cross with me and burn all my stuff. I lose the stuff n a rain fall and floods. The chances of my records lasting 5 years is very small. I suppose its lucky I don’t pay tax, because clearly I couldn’t, and I suppose I really shouldn’t. But sometimes I really feel I should contribute in some way, especially since theoretically it’s illegal not to….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home