Praat van diep in die sloot.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Career Choices

I’ve been wondering how come I make such a good criminal, and such a hopeless employee. The obvious reason is if you’re self employed in something that excites you, it’s natural to be good at it, enjoy it and keep doing it. You take pride in it. I often think I should be living 1000 years ago, when I could be a great warrior for my tribe. I would also love hunting, pillaging and plundering the evil enemy. Things would be dangerous and tough, and we’d develop into quality people, look after our friends. Alternatively, I’d love to be in an army trying to free my countrymen from invaders, trying to do good, with the moral high ground, like Zanu or Umkhonto. And I know I’d be good at it. Maybe that’s it – I’m like an alien living on the wrong planet. Can’t fit in, can’t get by in this environment. Have to lose myself dreaming on the internet on how things should be…

1 Comments:

  • Hey There,
    glad I found you..tks f your write on my blog.
    I am an Indonesian living in the USA..we're in a similar background as we're "influenced" by the Dutch. I like to put it that way for a positive word N positive thinking. I've been in your country once or twice, I've a fond feeling toward your people..Keep writing!

    By Blogger JustMe, at 4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home