Praat van diep in die sloot.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Rich Jerk vs Poor Jerk

I stumbled across the Rich Jerks website - http://www.therichjerk.com/. Its funny how this guy thinks, but maybe its normal. He definitely has an inferiority complex, because he goes on about being "better than you", I presume because he's rich. He clearly isn't educated, judging by his lifestyle. Educated people seem to prefer different things from uneducated ones. But the main point is whether its better to be like him or like me (poor), or something in between. Consider his "girlfriends". They are clearly the eye candy he describes them as, but I definitely would prefer my girlfriend to any or all of them. I can tell that by the way they behave - like Playgirls. Consider his car, a Ferrari. Its really nice, but I reckon the thrill wore off after about a week. I also reckon the thrill was equivalent to what I had when I got my second hand mountain bike. I still probably use it to get at least as much fun from as his ferrari. Consider his "Party House". I'm certain that many Saturday nights in the shebeen equal anything that goes on in the Party House, and probably often too. Consider his freedom that all that money gives him. Then consider the freedom I have being unemployed and out of the system": no tax, no people after my money, no lawyers, no advisors, no investments, no medical aid to worry about. The area he definitely is better off than me is in basics such as, for example, food. I spend a fair amount of time worrying about where to get a few rands for food, whereas he can stop at any take away anytime. There are times when I have no where to sleep, whereas he won't ever have that problem. We both have a lot of time on our hands. We both have to worry about crime - I have to literally sleep on top of my bike if I expect it to be there tomorrow, and I have to be fairly tough to stop it being simply taken from my possession. So I'm not certain the Rich Jerk is that much better off than me. But maybe if I was rich, but not a jerk...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home